Monday, July 16, 2007

Side Effects and New Accomodations

It turns out I am having a reaction to the malaria medicine. I started taking the med on Friday and by Saturday afternoon I had developed a rash all over my legs. Benadryl seems to have helped cleared it up. I looked at the warning booklet and it says something like "very few side effects are reported from this medication although serious allergic reaction can occur resulting in rash, etc. I considered stopping the medicine but have noticed that the rash seems to be easing even though I am going down on the Benadryl. Hopefully this won't be a problem as I have to be on this medicine for 2 months!

In other news, the hotel that we were expecting to stay in at HCMC is booked. Apparently everyone is in Vietnam right now (who knew) and hotels are a premium. We are going to be staying at this hotel:

www.somersetchancellorcourt.com

while in HCMC.

The influx of people into Vietnam right now isn't great news for us, because it means that even if we get all of our paperwork done early we likely won't be able to get an earlier flight out of Hanoi. I was hoping that we might not have to stay the full three weeks, but it looks likely we will have to.

The countdown continues.... we leave in 4 days.

Love Tina

No comments: