Sunday, July 22, 2007

More Doings Today

Sunday, July 22 7:45 pm


Today we met the four families that just proceeded us through the process. They were heading off to Hanoi to complete the last leg of their trip. It was great to see everyone looking so happy, albeit tired and anxious to get back home.

From them we absconded strollers and bouncy chairs to use while we are here in HCMC.

After the group left for the airport our guides took us on a walking tour of HCMC. I'm not complaining but hot doesn't even begin to describe it. I have never experienced anything like it.

We walked for quite some time seeing some of the historic buildings and gardens. We also went on a thorough jaunt through the shopping district. Carolyn and I raced into a local bookstore and finally managed to purchase the latest Harry Potter. This one, though, has a different cover than anything that we've seen, plus we paid too much for it, but it will be interesting to see if it is the official version or one that has been created for the Asian market (it is my understanding that they have something like 20 Harry Potter titles here - so not the real deal).

We went to a really nice hotel in downtown HCMC for lunch - The New World Cafe. The best part was it was freezing inside. Our fearless leader - or maybe I should say President - stayed there in October for a day and his needs cost our government $6 million. Anyway, enough on that subject.

Most everyone had this enormous breakfast buffet. I had a kiddie burger with no bun to try to get my vertigo back under control before Monday (I think that the plane ride set off the bout of vertigo).

Then back to the hotel to see if I can start and finish 600+ pages of Harry Potter before tomorrow when thereafter I may not have too much time to read.

I will upload this post and then will work on loading up some images for you tonite if possible.

I know we better get it figured out because after all, the images of the girls are what everyone is waiting for!

Love to all,
Tina and Al

No comments: