Monday, May 14, 2007

Will Today Be the Day?

Will today be the day we get our travel dates? We have been waking up every morning for the past month wondering if today is the day. We want to believe today is the day but are scared to hope for it. How silly is that? How long can this continue? We are making ourselves crazy.

It is seriously like we are in the stages of grief as defined by Kubler-Ross:
1. Denial (trying to pretend that we aren't on the verge of picking up our sweeties because it is easier to be in the now)
2. Anger (why isn't this happening faster? why isn't our agency communicating better? How are we supposed to plan our life and work? blah blah blah)
3. Bargaining (I'll give up this piece of cheesecake if you'll just send me my travel dates!)
4. Depression (it'll never happen, we won't be picking the girls up till they are ready for college, and so on)
5. Acceptance (fine. This is just the way it is.)

Only we are not in grief. We are excited and ecstatic. We are not facing terminal illness but are waiting for something wonderful and exciting. It causes me to wonder if we go through these very same stages when we are waiting/aniticipating anything at all, whether it be something very good or something not so good.

We do have one additional stage, excitement, but other than that we seem to be going through a roller coaster of emotion!

It's all good on this side, though. We are trying to stay focused on our daily routine and concentrating on doing things with each other that might not be as easy to do once we get our girls home (such as that 3 mile morning walk by the water!).

I did want to say that I've heard from several of you that you are checking the site regularly for updates and it really warms my heart. It also warms my heart how many of you say to me "when are we getting our babies? I'm getting impatient!" I love that a whole community of people are claiming these girls as their own. I think of them over there in Vietnam, snug in their cribs, having absolutely no clue of the number of people 1/2 way across the world waiting for them !

As always, we'll keep you posted, either with whining about no news or better yet, when we actually receive some good news!

Love Tina

No comments: