Wednesday, May 30, 2007

First Comes Love Then Comes Weeping

Yesterday we received a wonderful gift from friends of ours. Beatiful, snuggly soft blankets for the girls with their names embroidered on them. But there was something else that was equally beautiful. A handwritten card that had love flowing right out of it. Actually flowing right out! Ilona, I really hope you don't mind (and Algis assured me that you wouldn't) but you wrote something in your card to us that has moved me beyond belief and that I'd really like to share with our friends because it was so beautiful. Part of the card read:

"Allow us to enter the circle of your community as we welcome your daughters Ilona and Maia... may we all hold hands around them and let them feel how much they are already loved."

Of course I was weeping like the silly thing I am as I was reading this note. That single sentence has summed up how I've felt about our family and friends throughout our journey - and while I've struggled putting it into words I think that it has been put so beautifully above by our friend. Her words show how our community is already encircling the girls with love. And I cannot help but think of how Ilona and Maia, lying in their cribs half a world away, haven't a clue about what awaits them when they get home!

When I think about it I am just so in awe of all of you.

I have never been so inspired in all my life.

Truly.


Love Tina

1 comment:

S. said...

What a touching gesture! Hope you the time passes quickly until you travel!