Thursday, May 31, 2007

Some Travel Information - but not the best

OK, it was not news we wanted to hear, but it looks like we will not be traveling to pick up the girls until mid July.

I am not really sure of what the slow down is, unless of course, it is just that things are bogged down in general in Vietnam, but we have been reassured by the agency that we will be in the next group to travel and that it looks like it will be in mid July.

What I really hate about this is that the girls will be 7 1/2 months old and each day that goes by makes me worry that their adjustment to us, and the bonding process, will be harder. Not to mention physical delays, etc. While I love this age for babies, I think it is a really cute time, I am not happy that several months ago parents were getting their travel dates quicker and the babies were younger, some just 4 or 5 months old. The extra time is a big deal for a kid in an orphanage. A couple of extra months do matter. But we are trying to relax and trust that it will all work out.

Al is much more comfortable now that we have a date range and he feels that the time will go quickly. Me, on the other hand, while I am totally enjoying our life just the two of us, I think I am much more aware of the time ticking by and what it means to the health of the girls.

We will likely not have any more definitive news until the end of June or the beginning of July when our G&R date is set, and then we'll have to be prepared to move fast at that time.

Love to all,
Tina

3 comments:

Monique said...

We are in the same boat! We found out last week also that we will not be traveling until July. So I know what you are going through. Our daughter will be our second child. We have a biological son. Hang in there!

Tina and Al said...

Hi Monique,

I was acutally looking at your blog earlier today. I'm starting to wonder if we are with the same agency and perhaps will travel together. That would be great. I enjoy your blog very much!
Tina

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you have to wait.