Monday, June 25, 2007

Sprouting Mushrooms

Imagine what it would feel like if all of a sudden your palms sprouted mushrooms.

Yesterday Al and I were at our favorite breakfast place and he looked at me all happy and said "26 days!". I suddenly felt what can only be called mushrooms of sweat start popping out on my palms. It was the oddest thing. Pure anxiety I guess. Have you ever felt such a thing? Wow.

Then, last night, Al and I were sitting out on our patio. Glass of wine, BBQ, cool breeze, etc. You get the picture. A boucolic scene that doesn't involve the chasing around of twins. I had the baby book in front of me and was reading out the list of what we needed to consider for baby proofing. Al started getting paler and paler. I think reality is finally setting in for him and I bet he had mushrooms of sweat sprouting out on his palms too.

This morning he didn't tell me how many days we had to go. Some mean part of me is glad that I have company in being petrified... at least for now!


Love Tina

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hi,

I don't think I've posted to your blog before but I check in on you now and then since we also adopted twin, fraternal twins from Vietnam back in February and I just like to see how other families like ours are doing.

Enjoy those quiet nights alone with hubby!!! They will not be with you much longer. But your babies are adorable and I know you will love having them just as much just as we do. It's just in a different way.

Warm wishes,
Erin
AP to Cameron & Connor from Vung Tau, VN

Tina and Al said...

Hi Erin!

Thanks for the note. I am glad to hear from another Mom of Vietnam twins.

We'll take your advice and enjoy our nights now!

Take care,
Tina